A 6 month temporary job as Web Content Manager in Brighton for the pro-rata salary of £43K
Hays Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with The Pensions Regulator as they seek to hire a Web Content Manager on a temporary job basis for 6 months, to manage their intranet to ensure that TPR staff have an exceptional experience when interacting with the intranet by providing compelling, cohesive, accurate and consistent web content that supports user needs and TPR's business objectives..
- Lead publishing and management of web content (via content management system) for TPR's intranet.
- Create, edit repurpose, develop and maintain content as necessary.
- Lead editorial quality control across intranet in line with editorial standards and guidelines.
- Enhance and protect the intranet's brand and image, paying close attention to quality and accuracy; ensure -content meets user needs via site architecture.
- Responsible for the editorial contribution to the UX cycle - advise on optimum placement of content and champion the user from a language and terminology viewpoint ensuring consistency and ease of use.
- Define and drive the adoption of intranet content lifecycle processes; provide editorial advice to TPR's internal publishing community with a robust audit trail.
- Lead, control and manage evaluation of site performance; deliver a plan of ongoing improvements to ensure site optimisation of quality benchmarking measures.
- Act as the team SME relating to intranet subject matter and web content management best practice.
- Sign off the deployment of larger content / design projects with origin from other parts of the organisation.
- Manage the intranet publishing schedule to ensure content is delivered to time and quality.
- Develop and maintain a coherent, consistent and compelling staff- focused intranet content strategy.
- Provide support to the external web publishing programmes as required.
- Strong portfolio of client work gained in financial sector, preferably business to business (B2B) demonstrating thorough understanding of the web editorial process and associated techniques.
- Extensive use of managing content via WCMS (preferably Umbraco) and supporting processes.
- Editorial, copywriting, optimising content for delivery onscreen.
- Sound understanding of user centred design approaches relating to content management such as SEO / meta data and linking.
- Management and co-ordination of web content delivery across a range of websites and online services.