A Transport Manager is required to work within the busy transport team.
My client are a 3PL business based in the Sheffield area.
- Working as part of a team to optimise the company's vehicles efficiently, to provide a cost effective distribution service.
- Liaising with customers to ensure all operational requirements are met and defined performance standards and customer satisfaction is maintained to the highest level.
- Ensuring the location budget and plan is achieved through effective operational planning involving optimum use of own fleet, dedicated hauliers and spot hire hauliers.
- Effectively lead and motivate a team of LGV driver and transport personnel whilst providing appropriate development opportunities.
- Ensuring all operations are carried out in a safe and compliant manner having particular regard for Health & Safety and Operator's Licensing legislation.
- Ensuring maximum use of resources in a cost effective manner.
- Ensuring best practice Human Resources, Health & Safety Policies and legislative requirements are adhered to at all times.
- Communicating and liaising with other departments to ensure a smooth & effective operation.
- Carrying out general administration duties in line with transport legislation, company policies and procedures.
- A good standard of education and a strong work ethic coupled with the ability to operate effectively within a team environment.
- A proven track record in a transport background.
- Experience of supervising / managing a team.
- Have the ability to demonstrate good interpersonal and people management skills.
- International CPC holder.
A salary of up to £34,000 depending on experience.