LOCATION: Maidstone area, Kent
JOB TITLE: Technical Support Chemist
SALARY & BENEFITS: £22,000 to £24,000 subject to experience + mileage allowance, expenses. Initial 12 month contract.
WORKING HOURS: 40 hours per week – primarily site based
THE COMPANY: Our client is a well-established company who are a leading global speciality chemical supplier to the Pulp & Paper industry, and one of three water treatment companies with a truly global footprint. Due to expansion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Technical Support Chemist to join their team in or around the Maidstone area.
THE ROLE: As a Technical Support Chemist you will be working side by side with multi-national customers supporting on-going business. This is a hands-on field based role providing technical support to existing chemical applications. You will be supporting the ongoing sales functions within the South East interfacing daily with key on-site personnel to assist, build relationships and strive to addition value for customer with delivering a high level of servicing.
The service role requires performing routine series of laboratory tests to assess and benchmark on-site performance of technologies within the production environment. Collating, trending, and managing data for reporting to the Sales Team. The service role also requires overseeing the chemical inventories, checking application equipment, diagnosing and trouble-shoot any issues, ensuring a safe and control discharge of the chemical is always achieved.
**Equipment supplied. Full and on-going training is supplied**
Key Responsibilities for the Technical Support Chemist role:-
• Assist in the day-to-day running of existing on-site business at key paper mills.
• Laboratory testing to include stock wet-end testing and microbiological evaluations
• Support all site applications; checking stock inventories, chemical top ups and basic engineering checks to ensure chemicals are safely dosed.
• Relationship building; interface with key contacts, building a strong and ongoing rapport
• Support the Solenis account manager offering support and service wherever possible
• Help support laboratory product screening for final technical submission and recommendations as and when required
• Support sales team in on-machine trial evaluations and optimization projects.
• Manage all test data, logging and trending.
• Collating data to assist with written monthly service reports to key customers.
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate not only needs to be technically minded but will also need to be highly organised, flexible with the ability to work under your own initiative. You will be a driven individual, with a can do attitude, be enthusiastic, inquisitive and have positive outlook. You will also need to feel comfortable to talk to people at all levels and be computer literate. You must also be willing to travel when required and live within a commutable distance of the Maidstone area of Kent.
Key skills and experience for the Technical Support Chemist role:-
• Degree qualified or Higher National Diploma in a related science or engineering discipline
• Experience within the Pulp & Paper Industry is preferred but not essential.
• A driving licence with access to your own vehicle
• Water treatment and boiler experience would also be an advantage together with the knowledge of effluent plant operation.
Does this sound like you?
If the answer is yes please hit the “Apply Now” button today.
You will be forwarded an online application form to further strengthen your application and we will respond to you in due course. Good luck..