An exciting opportunity has arisen for Systems Sales Consultant in our Sales and Marketing Department.
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
We are seeking a proven sales person with strong technical knowledge of Electronic Security Systems, CCTV/ Access Control/ Intruder Alarms (some knowledge of Fire Alarm Systems would be an advantage but is not essential), to cover the UK,.
Working alongside our Manned Guarding and Patrol & Response New Business Development Managers, the key focus of this role is to develop key strategic relationships, achieve sales targets and grow G4S Fire & Security Systems (G4S FSS) profitability, through th0 winning of new business.
We seek applications from experienced new business developers who have a demonstrably successful track record within the integrated fire and security market space, winning contracts in this challenging environment..
The successful candidate will be expected to achieve and exceed sales targets in line with the business strategy and individual targets whilst nurturing strong, professional and credible working relationships with the customer base. Sales achievements will be rewarded with a very attractive basic salary, motivating bonus scheme, car/car allowance and benefits
- Achieving sales and order intake targets so that the business achieves its strategic plan for profitable and sustainable growth from new customers
- Working closely with Manned Guarding and P&R Business Development Managers to maximise the potential of all new business opportunities
- Identifying, qualifying and winning new opportunities for the business
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key decision-makers and influencers within target markets and client organisations so that G4S FSS image is enhanced and growth is realised
- Conducting surveys and assisting with associated designs and quotations
- Facilitating and delivering demonstrations and presentations to prospective clients
- Working alongside installations and service departments to ensure project delivery and customer satisfaction
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Adhering to all Environmental Health and Safety procedures at all times
- Complying with all Quality, Environmental Health and Safety directives including but not limited to PPE, Accident Reporting, RAMS
- Proactively researching the market and competitors to maximise our positioning and provide intelligence in relation to products, pricing, performance and presentation, reviewing business objectives and plan ahead in line with business plans & annual fiscal targets.
- Providing up-to-date and accurate pipeline forecasts
- Producing accurate monthly reports in a timely manner
- Identifying and progressing pre-qualification requirements
- Managing internal relationships and leverage internal resources when necessary
- Maintaining the company's customer information database (Salesforce) and ensuring that the management team are kept fully informed through regular feedback and reports
- Negotiating commercial arrangements with customers subject to agreed and approved criteria.
- Working alongside the bid and design teams in the development of proposals, system designs & quotations.
- Assisting with preparation of quotations and tenders for new and existing customers and following up in a very professional manner.
- Providing design, technical estimating and buying support for the department and wider business
- 5 years checkable work history
- Unrestricted right to work in the UK/EU
- Fluent written and spoken English
- 5 Year checkable work history or evidence to support any period of unemployment, self- employment or time spent in fulltime education during that period
- Right to work unrestricted in the UK/EU
- Experience of dealing with a variety of customers
- Strong technical skills in the security industry or that can be transferred into the security and/or fire market (multi-discipline technical ability is not necessary but preferable)
- Knowledge of market leading CCTV and access control systems
- Proven success in previous sales role
- Track record in negotiating major contracts for installation and maintenance contracts of all sizes up to £1m
- A professional and solutions-based approach to exceeding customer service requirements
- Expertise in pipeline development and conversion
- Success in both developing new business and growing established customer accounts
- Experience of working with high end clients and major contractors
- Must have comprising, interpersonal and team-working skills
- Excellence in both verbal and written communication including bid writing and support to marketing colleagues
- Demonstrable expertise within leverage sales
Preference will be given to candidates who also meet the following:
- Demonstrable energy and a focus on results, coupled with real imagination and flair to develop compelling propositions
- Exhibits a positive, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Commercially astute, revenue and profit focused
- Stature and credibility internally, with clients and prospects
- Strong verbal and written communicator with effective influencing skills
- Background in engineering within the Fire & Security market would be advantageous
- Knowledge of leading fire systems
- Experience of customer relationship management processes and systems