Skills: Accounts admin, reconciling, communication, Oracle, Journal experience, pharmacy income.
Hours: Monday and Tuesday 9.00am – 5.30pm
Our client is one of the largest and most successful retailers in the UK and can offer an outstanding working environment as well as the opportunity to continually grow with the business.
Do you want to work for a reputable company where you will be appreciated and rewarded with great company benefits?
To support the Senior Store Accounts Clerk by assisting as and when required and will be reconciling pharmacy income;
- To reconcile the FHSA bank account
- To Maintain the NHS debtor accounts and to liaise with stores on the telephone and investigate and resolve cash management and other queries.
- To contribute to the Store Accounts daily, month end and year end processes
- Reconciliation of bank account(s) for FHSA pharmacy income, main accounts, Stores cash bankings and coin deliveries.
- Deal with stores incoming calls, and make outbound calls to stores, to resolve cash management issues identified by reports and reconciliations
- Preparation and processing of month end procedures
- Various administrative tasks and complete them in a timely and accurate manner
- Taking temporary responsibility for day to day tasks of any Store Accounts Team members on holiday/sick off.
- Opening and distributing the daily post and filing of bank statements & journals
- Processing of stores coupon banking’s and variance journals
- Various Administrative banking related procedures – e.g. Cheque Printing, Paying in etc.
- Liaising with stores to correct back office discrepancies
- Administration of banking difference notifications
- Submitting of authorised BACS and CHAPS payments to banks
- Issuing gift cards
- Preparing journals on Oracle General Ledger
- Any other ad hoc tasks as requested by the Store Accounts Manager or Cash Management Supervisor
- Download English FP34’s from online website & upload into Retek system
- Preparation of Welsh, Scottish and Irish manual templates and input into Retek system
- Prepare Retail Loss prevention & skills development journals
- Prepare Love2shop analysis, including banking’s, variances and summary
- Processing service payments on the bank account & their investigation
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver high volume, high quality work to demanding deadlines;
- Knowledge or Oracle and Journal experience is highly desirable
- Obsessive about detail and about maintaining the highest standards of accuracy and efficiency;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- IT literate; including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Confident, resilient and self motivated, with a highly organised approach to work;
- A good team player who is happy working in a team or individually on tasks
- Occasional travel to stores when required.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.