One of europe's leading hotel brands, hotel du vin is gaining a reputation for wholehearted commitment to doing the simple things, brilliantly.
We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a truly special way, therefore we hire people from all walks of life with just one common attribute - a desire to succeed through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues.
We are growing in size and searching for talented, passionate people. If you are one too then we’d love to hear from you.
The role involves assisting the Head Chef to take responsibility for the kitchen department, food cost, ordering, food and health and safety.
• You will be required to ensure that all menu dishes are prepared with attention to detail and to the highest standard.
• You will be required to manage the kitchen brigade, motivate the team and share knowledge, training and developing chefs within the team. Our menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products.
• You must be passionate about food and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
• Sous Chefs must be organised, an excellent communicator, and a hands-on manager who has excellent attention to detail.
• Experience of working in a similar quality restaurant is required and an excellent knowledge of food is necessary.
• You must have passion for hospitality, commitment and dedication.
We are offering a competitive salary per annum including / plus service charge and an award winning benefit package including -
• Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
• A contributory pension scheme.
• Childcare scheme.
• Employee assistance scheme.
• 31 days holiday per annum.
• Chef whites provided and laundered.
• Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder such as the Sous Chef Development Programme and the academy. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
Hotel du Vin & Bistro Newcastle is situated on the banks of the River Tyne and commanding outstanding views of Newcastle Quayside and bridges. Moments from Newcastle city centre, this former home of the Tyne Tees Steam Shipping Company has been gloriously converted into 42 timelessly styled bedrooms, trademark bistro, intriguing Laroche tasting room, two stunning private dining rooms, Bubble bar, courtyard for alfresco dining and an outstanding wine cellar. The charismatic city with its many bridges, also offers many new sights, sounds and experiences, you'll be amazed at how much is on offer whatever your tastes. World-class culture, vibrant nightlife, award-winning dining, inspiring heritage, fantastic shopping and acclaimed architecture are linked here, as nowhere else, by the famous Geordie spirit which flows throughout Newcastle Gateshead and is symbolised by Antony Gormley's iconic Angel of the North as it welcomes travellers to the area. A spirit that flows through this stunning hotel in Newcastle.