Mirror Media Ireland is one of the biggest publishers in Ireland and is at the forefront of digital publishing across the island. In line with this, an exciting opportunity has arisen to help develop the social media content of its flagship website, irishmirror.ie
We are looking for a Social Media Editor with the energy, drive, ambition and an endless supply of ideas to help drive irishmirror.ie forward.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Pension plan + flexible benefits
Working as part of a small team, you will manage the social media operation, including pillar brand accounts, and monitor social media to ensure that we quickly develop content around key local social trends or stories which break on social platforms.
You will constantly be aware of the local and national news agendas and collaborate with colleagues to ensure that opportunities for audience engagement and interaction through social media trends, platforms and applications are fully capitalized.
In order to succeed in this role you will:
- Optimum use of social media around established workflows for breaking news and live news coverage
- Helping the team make effective, consistent use of social media in their personal accounts
- Monitor referral traffic from social platforms, measure growth and engagement using social analytics tools and present this information regularly to the team
- Stay abreast of developments on social platforms and social media in journalism and recommend potential usage and benefits to the newsroom
- Work with editors and other departments on specific audience engagement/social media campaigns, including competitions, promotions and commercial campaigns
- Ensure appropriate and responsible use of social media in line with Trinity Mirror policies and strategic goals
- Assist in general uploading, digital content creation and website management in line with established workflows or SLAs across brands as required
- Possess a thorough, up-to-date knowledge of media law and the PCC Code
- Ensure content is produced with the correct metadata at all times