BDO is an award-winning, UK Member Firm of BDO International , the world's fifth largest accountancy network with more than 1,000 offices in over 100 countries, including affiliates. We specialise in helping businesses to achieve their goals and adhere to strong values and a One Firm approach. Our strength in the market place is mirrored in our achievements - Accountancy Age Audit, Tax and Corporate finance team of the year, FT Best Workplaces, highest new entry in Times Top 100 Graduate Employees; to name a few of our recent accolades. Our people work within an extremely supportive and creative environment, and are equipped and empowered to deliver exceptional service. Developing strong, personal relationships with our clients is at the forefront of our service approach and you'll find that BDO is a truly innovative and forward thinking place to work.
Opening Date: 24/10/2017
Closing Date: 20/11/2017
As a Senior Business Advisor you will be required to work closely and support senior members of the team in the timely delivery of services. You will work independently and be accountable for the delivery of the project to the manager for review, being the first point of contact for our clients throughout the project. In addition to accounting capabilities, you will have a rounded business knowledge able to analyse client data, make recommendations and talk credibly to clients on the issues they face such as current trading position, future outlook and legislative changes.
· Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP and other accounting frameworks including transition to FRS 102
· Preparation of consolidations and cash flows for year end statutory accounts
· Preparation of other financial reports such as forecasts, profit projections, benchmarking reviews
· Excellent knowledge of various accounting software packages including Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks
· Ability to become a champion in specialist areas eg software packages, VAT, medical for your office
· Process transactions, prepare and post journals, update ledgers, perform bank reconciliation and cash book analysis as required to complete monthly reporting processes for our larger more complex clients
· Prepare VAT returns
· Prepare tax computations
· Prepare year end accounting files ready for audit either by internal or external auditors.
· Liaise with auditors as necessary
· Prepare engagement letters for manager and partner review
· Ensure compliance with our streams policies and procedures
· Understands WIP, scope, fees and project negotiations
· Monitor and review client financial data, present ideas and make recommendations to clients
· Proactive analysis of client data and communication directly with client e.g current issues, future trading, relevant legislative changes
· Understands the clients business context to ensure we continue to deliver relevant solutions and good value
· Organises work efficiently to meet project deadlines and client expectations
· Share knowledge and ideas openly with colleagues
· Continues to build a network of professional contacts
· Attends client meetings with other senior members of the team
· Undertakes planned activities to build business development skills
· Contributes to bid documents and proposals
· Attends relevant business seminars
· Supports trainees with their personal and professional development
· Can articulate the BS&A and wider BDO offering
· Proactively identifies potential new business opportunities for BS&A and wider BDO services
· Supervises the work of others when needed
· Seeks greater responsibility and rises to the challenge
· Is robust under pressure and calmly faces challenging situations
· Is sought out by colleagues as a valuable source of advice and support
· Makes suggestions and offers potential solutions to problems in a timely manner
· Displays energy and enthusiasm and is focused on achieving results
· Qualified ACCA or equivalent
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
· Good knowledge of accounting packages (Sage Line 50, Xero, Quickbooks) and caseware
Our Agency Policy
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.