Infrastructure Security Engineer, Amazon Web Services, AWS, Azure, Google, Cloud, Architect, architecture, build, design, Linux, Windows, Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Preferably experienced with Managed Service, Communications provider, Small Consultancy, Start up, Day rate is £500 - £650 depending on skills and experience, Based in Birmingham, West Midlands.
Role : Security Engineer
Location : Birmingham, West Midlands
Contract : 6 months +
Rate : £500 - £650 depending on skills and experience.
Industry: Managed Services
My Client, an ever growing Managed Services provider requires a Infrastructure Security Engineer
The successful candidate will be an expert in end to end security design across (architecture, build and design) as well as being well versed in security best practice across systems, networks and applications. A strong technical background spanning Linux / windows operating systems, Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and AWS's online services, client-side applications and equivalent technology as well as Load Balancers / Firewalls / IDS will be required.
The successful candidate will be strong team player as well as having experience of team leading and an ability to transfer their skills and knowledge across the company.
Strong internal / external stakeholder management is a must for this role. An ability to create strong governance and processes around use of cloud technologies.
* Have the ability to provide hands on, expert infrastructure security consultancy and engineering services.
* Support the implementation of secure services, ability to design as well as enhance existing services.
* Create and drive adoption of infrastructure security standards and policies.
* Perform security risk assessments and reviews.
* Development of strategy, frameworks, best practices and patterns.
* Works with Application, Infrastructure and the Enterprise Architecture (EA) team to gain consensus and establish application architecture standards, policies and directions.
* Knowledge in AWS cloud design and development. Working knowledge of current IT and systems technologies and standards.
* 5 years + working in a Security role dealing with systems, networks and application requirements.
* Strong knowledge of Network Security principles and practices with hands-on experience with technologies such as firewalls, switches, load balancers, routers, network behaviour analysis and intrusion detection.
* Experience of detecting attacks, managing vulnerability and managing incidents
* Strong experience of operating system security (Linux/Unix and Windows)
* Good understanding of security risk identification and assessment
* Experience within a Managed Service / Communications provider / Small Consultancy / Start up
* Strong understanding of Application Design, Development, and Testing - Software Life Cycle Management techniques.
If you are interested in this role please contact Craig Calvert :
Spring Technology is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Spring Technology is an Equal Opportunities employer; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.