We are recruiting for a Retirement Living Officer for 30 hours a week Monday to Friday, on a 6 month fixed term contract on behalf of our clients who are a housing provider based in Bournemouth.The Role:
You will be based within a sheltered housing scheme and also may be required to cover other schemes locally in Bournemouth and Poole.
The post holder may be subject to emotional demands due to the nature of the customers support need. You will mostly work alone with the customersKey Responsibilities:
- The checking the scheme to ensure repairs are reported and safety and security of the residents is maintained.
- The provision of support to people who require a Lifeline or visiting service which we charged for.
- Ensure the general security of the buildings communal facilities, including testing the alarm and communication system.
- Be responsible for the implementation of the H&S procedure on the scheme including carrying out all required health and safety checks
- Check utility readings are correct for the scheme communal areas
- Work alongside other agencies and support networks where appropriate to support the individual
- Manage own programme of appointments and travel making adjustments to take account of urgent requests that may arise from time to time. When appropriate arrange joint visits with colleagues and other agencies.
- Understanding or experience of social housing
- Understanding of the issues facing older people
- Have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- Current Enhanced DBS Check