Acorn Recruitment is seeking a Quality Food Technologist for a global food manufacturer in Bristol.
The successful candidate will have a Masters in Food Science or similar.
Salary - £25,000pa
This is initially for a 3-6 month contract, which may lead to a permanent role for the right candidate. Your own transport is essential due to the location of our client.
This role has the responsibility to support the site in all matters Food: Safety, Legal and Quality.
You will be required to:
* Provide customer COP Gap analysis
* Align site Quality Management System to internal and external customer COP's
* Train out and support amended QMS documentation
* Carry out and close internal audits
* Problem solve
* Taste Panels (meat, kosher and halal etc.)
* Ensure the quality function operates in a manner which is consistent with the company Eye for Quality document, the Quality Management System, Policies and Standards and their Customer Codes of Practice.
Factory to office time split is expected to be circa 70% Factory to 30% but may vary considerably dependent on exact work streams.
Hours dictated by work streams 24/7 but typically between 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday circa 40hrs a week.
Key responsibilities of the role are summarised below and are subject to change according to business needs:
* Observe and maintain health, safety and hygiene standards
* Processing and issuing both reports, new documentation and amendments to existing documents within agreed timescales.
* Ensure clear and accurate records are maintained and filed in a timely manner
The successful candidate will demonstrate a combination of communication skills, presentation skills, technical knowledge, skills and experience and personal and technical competencies outlined as follows:
Technical Skills and Experience
* Formal qualification in Food Technology / Science or an associated discipline.
* Proven experience within Quality Control / Assurance and/or within a food manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage.
* Good education with qualifications in English
* Sound PC and administrative skills including familiarisation with Microsoft Excel and the competence to work with Company manufacturing systems/programs.
Communication and Knowledge Sharing
* Actively listens and shares information and knowledge with others in a timely manner. Ensures that appropriate information has been received and understood and ensures supervisor and team are aware of any changes or potential issues.
Business performance management
* Plans, organises and prioritises resources and activities. Achieves results through optimal approaches.
Openness and managing change
* Demonstrates the flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment. Proactively seeks and is open to alternative ideas and approaches.
Drive and determination
* Shows enthusiasm and a strong commitment to the organisation. Is resilient and determined to seek out and meet challenges
* Develops relationships inside and outside the organisation to enhance personal and Company effectiveness.
QSHE Technical Competencies
* Experience in numerous technical functional roles such as: supply quality, quality systems, regulatory, R&D, manufacturing, laboratory management, sensory, raw materials & sustainability.
* The experience will span leadership, plant and corporate roles.
* Depth and breadth in the sciences in areas related to: Food Science, Microbiology, Food Engineering, Regulatory, Food Chemistry, and Packaging.
* Broad knowledge of Environment and Health & Safety regulations. Advance degree in the sciences.
* Proven knowledge of food and beverage regulations and latest customer/consumer expectations
* Ability to identify and drive continuous improvement and change management initiatives
* Knowledge of HACCP, Environmental Monitoring Programmes, risk mitigation, problem solving tools, sanitation, audit standards, raw materials, quality related ICT programmes, and basic processing technologies.
* Strong troubleshooting and root cause analyses skills. Project Management Expertise
Strategic Thinking and Influence
* Provides strategic leadership regionally in collaboration with regional executive team and transforms into short term and long term objectives
* Ability to create a vision, develop a strategy and outline a project plan to deliver against the strategy.
* Builds collaboration and influences leadership and peers to drive Quality and deliver against the QSHE agenda
* Strategically targets and participates in technical and trade association committees for the region (co-ordinated globally)
* Recognised in field as an expert
Peer and Functional Engagement
* Understands the overall business objectives and customer expectations
* Views Food Safety and quality as a distinguishing capability and business imperative. Dove tails Food Safety and Quality with the overall business objectives for a pragmatic approach.