Within a commutable distance from South Hams, Teignbridge, Torbay and Exeter
Why you will LOVE working for us?
- Excellent opportunity to work for a successful and growing organisation that continues to invest in its staff and their well-being
- Fantastic team - we’re like one big family!
- Employee Healthy Living programme, including the use of a personal trainer, yoga mornings, table tennis in the summer months and other team activities
- Generous pension scheme
- State-of-the-art offices/facilities including lounge/eating area
- Employee development programme and education reimbursements
- Bonus & commission schemes
- Fun staff events and activities throughout the year
- Free drinks plus occasional free lunches
- Childcare vouchers
- Stand-up desks available
Let’s get down to business - your responsibilities would include:
- Processing enquiries (indirectly) from customers in order to obtain pricing for products not already maintained on the product database. This includes obtaining product and cost information; adding new products or pricing to the database; resolving pricing queries and product or supplier changes.
- Day-to-day purchasing transactions with suppliers. This includes the timely and intelligent placing and progressing of purchase orders to both meet customer expectations and maximise profitability for the company.
- The resolution of all issues relating to the delivery of products to customers.
- Ensuring the accuracy of information regarding purchase costs and suppliers that is stored against the products. This includes, but is not limited to: resolving pricing queries and product or supplier changes.
- Fully analysing all information presented to ensure complete accuracy and relevancy.
The Purchasing Administrator supports the Deputy Purchasing Team Leader in all areas of the team’s work, providing the sales teams with accurate product information by working together to help them achieve their goals. The Purchasing Team is also responsible for the procurement and delivery of products and strives to offer the best service possible to customers. All members of the team are expected to be trained and assist in these other parts of the supply chain when required.
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Office based role, requiring concentration for long periods of time
- Accurate record keeping skills to deadlines
- Literacy skills are required including spelling, grammar and punctuation for emails and contracts
- Maths skills are required to determine pricing and discounts
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to build relationships with suppliers and colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focused
What’s your reward?
Basic salary £17,000 plus generous PRP bonus (up to 15% of the base salary) c£19,550. This is a 12 month fixed term contract but there is a strong possibility that the role will go permanent.
Full time role working 37.5 hours Monday to Friday.
Our Location: Ashburton, South Devon. Free on-site parking.
Interviews will take place immediately.