Pentlow Nursing Home have a vacancy for part time ( 18 hour) Kitchen Assistant. The role will be rota based, and will include working alternative weekends.
Purpose of Role:
Working under the direction of the Chef and Head Chef, to assist in the preparation and serving of meals, snacks and drinks, as well as contributing towards the maintenance of clean, safe and hygienic practices within the kitchen area and throughout the home.
- Assist the Chef in the preparation of meals, snacks and drinks.
- Be involved in the process of delivering meals, snacks and drinks to the residents either in the dining room, lounge, resident’s bedroom or wherever individual residents choose to eat and drink.
- Lay and clear tables in the dining room under the direction of the Chef or the Manager.
- Receive, check in and store all foodstuffs and other supplies delivered to the home following company procedures.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures when using all equipment and machinery in the kitchen area. Keep equipment and machinery clean and in good working order under the direction of the Chef.
- Adhere to COSHH, Food Safety and other Hygiene, Health and Safety regulations and procedures and assist with record keeping under the supervision of the Chef.
- Ensure that the kitchen and food storage areas are left clean and tidy at all times.
- Clean all kitchen utensils, cutlery and crockery under the supervision of the Chef. To fill, operate and empty the dishwasher as required.
- Report any operational problems to the Chef immediately as you become aware of them.
- Report to the Chef if you become aware of any shortages of utensils, cutlery, crockery, linen or any items used in the kitchen area.
- To ensure the communal dining areas are cleared of crockery and cutlery.
Please Note: Due to the rural location of our home you will require your own transport.
Requirements: (E.g. Skills, Qualifications):
- Able to carry out instructions accurately.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Fast learner with good multi-tasking skills.
- Strong Team Player.
- High standard of personal hygiene.
- Interest / passion in food and catering.
In return, we will offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Discounts at Major High Street Retailers
- Industry Recognised Training, including ongoing professional development
- Progression Opportunities
- Free Uniform
- Food available, including Hot Meals, Fruit and filtered water
- Comfortable Staff Rooms
- Guaranteed Hours
Pentlow Nursing Home's philosophy is to create a secure, relaxed, happy and homely atmosphere for the residents to live in and for the staff to work in. We specialise in providing quality nursing and residential care for the elderly.
Pentlow Nursing Home is part of the Canford Healthcare group of homes.
If you would like to join our friendly team, please select "apply now" and forward us your CV.