LOCATION: Chatteris, Cambridgeshire
JOB TITLE: Packaging Designer / Sample Maker
SALARY & BENEFITS: Competitive dependent on experience
WORKING HOURS: Full Time – Monday to Friday
THE COMPANY: Our client is a specialist packaging company offering total packaging solutions including prototyping and drop testing. They combine specialist packaging materials, such as Stratocell foam, with expert fabrication techniques to protect high value products in transit and distribution; predominantly in the computer, electronics, audio and medical equipment industries and have been a Sealed Air Approved Packaging Partner for over 20 years
THE ROLE: Due to an internal promotion, an opportunity exists for an enthusiastic, lateral thinking Packaging Designer / Sample Maker to join our clients existing design department. This is a rewarding position within a well established and 'go ahead' company. This would be an ideal opportunity for someone looking to start their career in design.
Key Responsibilities for the Packaging Designer / Sample Maker role in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire include:
- Using Cad Software to design and develop bespoke corrugated and foam packaging, specifically tailored for each individual piece of equipment
- Creating sample packs containing documentation and drawings
- Work with manufacturing departments to ensure designs/drawings are followed
- Assist with other related tasks associated to the role on and ad hoc basis
THE CANDIDATE: This would be an ideal role for a graduate or someone looking to start their career in design. Experience within packaging design would be desirable but not essential as full product and software training will be given. You must be someone who is creative, has excellent computer skills and be able to work well under pressure to deadlines.
Key Experience/ Characteristics preferred for the Packaging Designer / Sample Maker role in Chatteris, Cambridgeshire :-
- Previous experience in design and/or the packaging industry would be an advantage
- Must have excellent IT skills
- It is essential you can work well under pressure to tight deadlines
- Natural passion for design and creative flair is essential
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps