Our client requires an experienced and very skilled Moulding Technician.
Reporting into the Group Production Engineering Manager this Moulding Technician will be working as part of an experienced and diverse team. This role requires expert knowledge of PLASTIC INJECTION MOULDING - please do not apply if you have not worked within plastics as this is a key requirement of the suitable candidate.
The main purpose of the role is:
*To assist production, QA and D&D in all aspects of moulding and tool development
*To assist the introduction of new products, tooling and equipment
*Lead technical and LEAN process improvement activities
*Mentor trainee setters throughout their training programme and provide ongoing coaching
*Lead a team of engineers and setter in the investigation of quality issues and process improvements.
Main Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* To drive a program of continuous improvement to deliver on-going productivity to the moulding process across the group
* To lead LEAN improvement initiatives to improve quality and process efficiency, this will include leading and implementing VSM, 5S, SMED, TPM, Kaizen, Poka Yoke and other initiatives.
* Support setters accross the group with training, problem solving and hands on involvement with tool trials and general setting as required
* To work closely with design and development departments to ensure new tooling is designed, developed and introduced to the production process in a manner that supports projected time lines and delivers best quality and cost.
* To complete special projects/investigations as determined by the Group Production Engineering Manager
* Make recommendations to introduce new capital investment or update existing processes to ensure competitive advantage.
* To develop and monitor a training program to qualify setters and provide on-going development needs to skilled setter
Educational / Qualifications
*Relevant time served apprenticeship
*Plastics/Setting relevant qualifications
(Knowledge of CI including Six Sigma, and an MBA or similar in Plastics/Moulding - would be desirable)
Knowledge & Experience
* Expert injection moulding and setting experience with plastics
* Good practical knowledge of tool design and mould flow
* QA systems and process knowledge
* In depth operational knowledge of LEAN manufacturing
* Demonstrated leader of productivity and improvement initiatives
(Mould machine maintenance and previous tool making experience would be a distinct advantage)
*Computer Literate with solid working knowledge of MS Office including Powerpoint and Excel)
*Full UK Driving license
*Confidence to manage multiple projects
*Strong Analytical skills and ability to produce reports and present data
* Ambitious and results orientated