To clearly and concisely report assistance events and the complaint, cause and cure of the assistance onto the claim based on all available information.
- To check all incoming claims to ensure they reside on the correct policy. Where necessary Claim for parts replaced through the Used Approved Warranty system and Claim hire car and sundry costs through MBUK’s warranty system.
Invalid Claims Reporting
- To accurately investigate and report costs and details of any claims which do not match MBUK guidelines to the Mobilo Claims Manager.
- To justify cost amendments on Claims based on investigations and claim appropriately.
- To identify and aid in the return of job packs to Technicians where amendments can be made to meet the required standard.
- To prepare material and job packs for audit purposes and provide support during the audit period as and when required.
- To ensure that whilst claiming, all relevant systems are updated with accurate information for future reference and audit.
- To review MBUK’s weekly reporting to identify denied claims. Action any claims and report results to the Mobilo Team Manager where appropriate.
Warranty and Technical Training and Support
- To provide warranty and technical advice where necessary to the Department and other areas of the Business
- To provide warranty, job card write up, diagnostic and ad hoc advice to Roadside Technicians.
- To provide on-site training to Technicians and other colleagues with regard to Mobilo Claims and diagnostic processes and requirements.
Parts Sales and Stock Control
- To ensure the technicians complete all paperwork relating to parts sales and purchasing, correctly and in a timely manner.
- To ensure all necessary parts invoices have been checked and passed to the Finance Department for processing.
- To assist in coordinating the return of replaced parts to the manufacturer in accordance with manufacturer’s guidelines as and when necessary.
- To report details of all parts replaced on the roadside to Technical Manager.
- To assist in the provision of assistance and warranty reports as and when required.
Telephone Response and Technical
- To handle all incoming calls in a polite, efficient and pro-active manner, in line with the department’s service levels and company standards.
- To carry out any ad-hoc duties/projects as requested by the department Manager.
- Educated to a GCSE standard or equivalent including English Language and Maths.
- Previous experience of working within a warranty and/or technical environment.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and web based software.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle technology.
- Proven track record of strong problem solving and investigative skills.
- Positive and proactive approach to work and colleagues with the ability to think laterally and identify/find improvements.
- Proven record of change management and positively assisting the planning and implementation of projects and change.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to focus on customer/client service and quality.
- Self-motivated and reliable.
- Knowledge of the Mercedes-Benz Mobilo Programme.