Titan Global are delighted to be recruiting for a manufacturing client in Edinburgh for the position of Logistics Manager.
This is an integral role in the Operations department, working to track and optimise freight/product costs for all imported product. This role will manage and enhance the warehousing and distribution processes along with the storage planning in order to meet the needs of a growing multi-channel, global business.
A key function in this role is to manage third part supplier relationships to ensure the best service end-to-end.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Action RFI/RFP activities to ensure best in class provision of value for services from third party logistics providers
- Operational execution of inbound inbound freight, warehouse management and recycling/scrap in line with agreed policy, process and service level agreement
- Logistics supplier performance management
- Provision of customs compliance expertise
- Storage planning warehouse and distribution management
- Working with the Head of Logistics and Customer Service in budgeting and forecasting for inbound receiving, storage capacity and scrap/recycling management in line with service level agreements
- Shipping routing and leadtime management and maintenance, keeping abreast of industry changes, optimising for cost and service
- Contract management and maintenance of SOW
- KPI maintenance and management
- ERP and WMS system reconciliation
- Mandatory compliance requirements – eg waste packaging globally
- Continuously review our supplier contracts and third party relationships to ensure cost and service efficiency
- Measuring operational process performance
- Provision from third party providers
- Procure to pay enhancements
- Customs warehouse implementation
- System enhancements / continuous improvement
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong experience working in an inbound function within a consumer goods company or similar.
- Demonstrative knowledge of warehousing & distribution inbound and storage planning operations, ensuring the efficient flow of goods through the supply chain.
- Be able to build strong relationships with third party logistics providers and negotiate terms of business to ensure high standards of service are achieved at optimal cost.
- Well organised problem-solver, who thrives working at a fast pace within a small team with a record of managing large scale import operations.
- Decision-making will come naturally to you and you will be an ambassador for change and continuous improvement
This role will work in the Logistics team, headed up the by Head of Logistics and Customer Service. You will manage a team of three; an Outbound Planner, Inbound Planner and Logistics and Operations Analyst.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm.
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.