The post is for a Secretary to provide secretarialand administrative support to the members of the Commercial Property Team inthe London office.
The role will work alongside one othersecretary providing support to the London team comprising two Partners, threeSolicitors, one Trainee and one Paralegal, along with providing ad hoc supportto the Bath office where required.
- Dealing with clients and agents as and when required both verbally and in person;
- Filing – both electronically (opening and closing of files) and physical filing and organising deeds;
- General file management;
- Typing, formatting and processing of documents;
- Preparing post, arranging couriers and dealing with any faxing requests;
- General document production including printing, photocopying, binding and scanning documents;
- Preparing precedents of documents and storing them on the network;
- Diary management;
- Arranging meetings and travel arrangements for team members;
- Completing and processing internal forms (i.e. expense forms);
- Processing billing documents for the end of the month and liaising with the Accounts team where necessary;
- Undertaking any additional administrative tasks as reasonably required by the Team.
The above tasks are those that will berequired on a day-to-day/weekly/monthly basis but there will also be additionaladministrative tasks required as and when.
- Good IT skills;
- Accurate and efficient audio and copy typing skills;
- Strong telephone skills, both answering and transferring calls where necessary and passing on messages in a detailed and professional manner;
- Strong inter-personal skills when dealing with clients and work colleagues alike;
- The ability to work under pressure showing commitment to your colleagues and the Firm in general;
- High attention to detail;
- The ability to resolve time sensitive issues with a high degree of precision and exhibit strong organisational and communication skills;
- Good time management skills;
- The ability to use initiative and display a can-do attitude to solving problems;
- Willing to learn;
- Good communication skills not only in person but also in writing;
- Administrative capacity and the ability to contribute to improving working practices.
The candidate must be discreet when dealingwith the Firm’s confidential affairs.
Personal qualities are important.The candidate is expected to work as part ofa team with other members of the Team. Having a positive can-do attitude alongwith the ability to focus and remain composed in times of increased pressureare important.
The ability to work in harmony with othersand to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned.
You will be supervised on a day-to-day basisby the London Commercial Property Partners and overall by the Head of the CommercialProperty Team.
Working hours – 9.00am - 5.30pm.
Salary and benefits
Private Medical Insurance
Life assurance (4 x salary)
22 days holiday
Stone King CoreValues
- We enjoy working together in a collegiate, collaborative and supportive environment with our colleagues and our clients
- We work effectively as a team beyond geographical or organisational boundaries to achieve excellent results.
- We have a long history of caring about our people and communities
- We are committed to acting ethically; with integrity and mutual respect.
- Communication is open, clear, honest and respectful
- Individuals build loyal and effective relationships with colleagues and clients
- Our experience, commitment, training and knowledge make us specialists in all we do and in the Sectors we serve
- We offer practical advice and solutions
- •We focus on innovation.
- We are professionally equipped to give our clients outstanding service
- Continuous development is a focus for individuals and Teams
- We strive for excellence in everything we do, encouraging individuality and focusing on consistency and a ‘one firm’ approach through effective leadership.