Lead Scientist – Bioanalysis Group, Covance, Harrogate.
Covance, a leading global drug development services company, is looking for a Lead Scientist - Bioanalysis Group to join our Bioanalysis Group department based in Harrogate on a full time, permanent basis.
COVANCE is a leading global drug development services company and we provide support to the Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology industries. Our people make a difference by helping to deliver life-saving and life-enhancing medicines to people around the world. Our commitment to this mission has resulted in Covance’s impressive history of company stability and growth. We’ve achieved these results by fostering a work environment that encourages, develops and leverages our team’s capabilities.
As our Lead Scientist - Bioanalysis Group you will ensure that the studies are carried out to the required standards and approves the study data. The Lead scientist is the single point of study control and has overall responsibility for the scientific, technical and regulatory conduct of studies allocated to him/her as well as for the interpretation, documentation and reporting of results.
Key responsibilities as our Lead Scientist - Bioanalysis Group will include:
- Works with the client to determine project requirements
- Communicates and monitors scientific expectations with scientific staff and clients
- Gives scientific directives to the study team
- Identifies scientific issues or scope changes within the study
- Develops and reviews protocols and sample analysis plans
- Approves validation methods and reviews sample analysis methods
- Evaluates data and tables to ensure regulatory guidelines and expectations are met
- Reviews and approves reports for scientific accuracy and completeness
- Approves QA project specific inspections
To become our Lead Scientist - Bioanalysis Group you must have the following skills and experience:
- Have a BSc or equivalent, MSc or PhD
- Have previous experience of study directing.
- In addition experience of Sponsor management and technical expertise in the relevant business line will have been gained prior to this role.
In return for your hard work as our Lead Scientist - Bioanalysis Group, you will receive a competitive salary plus the opportunity to work within an experienced and highly skilled team, health cover, contributory pension and a competitive bonus scheme.
If you are interested in advancing your career working for a global CRO and being part of an exceptionally talented staff community – we want to hear from you!
There is no better time to join us! So don’t delay, click ‘Apply’ today to become our Lead Scientist - Bioanalysis Group.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.