Junior 3D Animator/ Digital Designer
Location: Letchworth, Hertfordshire
Salary: Up to £25k, DOE
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract: Permanent, Full time
DCS Sonovision is looking for a 1 - 2 years' experienced 3D Animator with an engineering background to join our expanding Design Studio and E-learning departments. The candidate should have a strong portfolio, showing a range of engineering based 3D modelling and animation and have a good creative design eye with excellent attention to detail that is self-motivated and proactive.
You will be working alongside our in-house design studio and E-learning departments, creating a range of 3D product animations/scenarios and digital training course material. As this is a dual role, mixing 3D animation and creative digital skills, the candidate must have a solid knowledge of 3D Studio max 2017 and/or 2018, have experience in mechanical engineering or alike and have an interest in creative design would be beneficial.
DCS Sonovision UK provides a full range of Technical Publications to multi-national companies world-wide. We develop printed, electronic and online documentation, working to industry specific standards such as S1000D, ATA, JSP and DITA for the Defence, Energy and Aerospace sectors.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Creating a variety of 3D product animations and real-life scenarios, developing realistic lighting scenes, texturing and creative animation sequences.
* Working collaboratively with our in-house graphic designers, UI & UX Developers to deliver digital output of the highest quality.
* A strong involvement in the full project lifecycle - from brief and pitch to usability and build
* Working from scamps or customer briefs, creating a range of cross-platform design work
* Proactive in asking questions directly to team members and clients
* Good problem-solving skills
* Staying on track with emerging digital trends and culture
* Articulating and presenting creative ideas/treatments to teams and clients
Skills required for this role:
* Expertise in 3D Studio Max 2017 and/or 2018, Mental Ray, Vray and Arnold rendering engines
* Ability to model, texture, light and animate scenes and products to a high standard.
* Able to build/manipulate 3D engineering products models
* Ability to develop creative 3D animations
* A good technical understanding of engineering products, and how they operate.
* Experience in designing interactive interfaces for e-learning, interactive manuals and training guides an advantage but not essential.
* Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator) an advantage.
* High attention to detail.
The right candidate will have the following skills and background:
* Attention to detail
* Excellent communications skills - verbal, written
* Ability to multi-task under pressure whilst maintaining a calm, professional attitude
* High level organisation, prioritisation and time management skills
* Effective people and project management skills
* Team oriented with ability to work autonomously and take the lead in multiple design projects at once
* Resourceful with aptitude for practical and innovative problem solving
* Open to providing and receiving feedback
* Creativity and ability to deliver artistically impactful work on time
All candidates will require Security Clearance.
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.