As part of this successful global manufacturing organisation, the EMEA business now requires an experienced IT System Security Manager who will have responsibility for supporting the region in respect of one of its new business applications, from both an infrastructure security focus, as well as ensuring alignment and implementation with global strategies and directives regarding overall security standards and policies.
Reporting into the EMEA VP of Business Process Excellence, the jobholder will work closely with the EMEA Information Security Manager. As the IT System Security Manager you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- helping to design the security system protecting a new business application
- performing user access management, asset management, security application administration and security vulnerability testing for the application
- providing comprehensive reporting on findings
- providing direction regarding IT and IS related issues for the application
- managing external consultants who are providing assistance in relation to the application
- ensuring appropriate controls exist to protect confidentiality and data integrity which comply with existing internal policies and standards and are aligned with external multi-jurisdiction regulations
- carry out other security activities as required
This position will require a combination of information technology and information security knowledge, as well as strong interpersonal skills. This will be a balanced role between security administration and technical support.
The successful candidate can be based either in Brussels to fulfill this role or at the Group’s operational centre, approximately 125km outside the capital city.
Ideally of graduate standard, preferably from within an IT based discipline, candidates will also be required to demonstrate that they have:
- at least 5 years’ experience of working within a senior IT role preferably within an international organisation
- a solid understanding and application of security management and/ or related functions such as IT Audit or IT Risk
- achieved or be working towards IS management qualifications such as CISSP or CISM
- experience of relevant ISO standards
- developed solid project management and organisational skills, with close attention to detail and a strong commitment of working to deadlines
- previous experience of crypto technologies would be desirable
Candidates should also be:
- analytical, results driven, with a strong commitment to success
- a hands-on type individual, who demonstrates initiative and has a positive “can-do” attitude
- able to quickly establish key priorities and get buy in from all colleagues, including senior management
- a strong capable leader, with the presence and ability to communicate, motivate and influence at the highest level
European language skills would be a benefit but are not essential.
Candidates should note that there will be extensive travel within the EMEA region with this role.