Our client is currently expanding it’s IT department to meet current requirements.
They run state of the art hardware for CG Artists, animators and compositors, while also managing a render farm and want an IT Support Technician who can be proactive, solve problems and support all departments with a range of queries, and IT infrastructure maintenance.
• 1st/2nd line support - troubleshoot desktops & servers for any issues, troubleshoot network issues, troubleshoot end user equipment
• Take ownership of faults & manage in a logical/methodical manner, follow up the status and communicate progress in a timely manner
• Escalate unresolved cases to the IT Manager, suppliers & vendors
• Create/disable user accounts and mailboxes, reset passwords, create groups, and assign permissions
• Contribute to Infrastructure upgrades – new software rollout, hardware refresh, network equipment upgrade
• Knowledge of network layout/configuration in the office, including external VPN links to troubleshoot internal & external connectivity issues
• 1+ years’ experience in a similar role
• Excellent communication skills, organisational skills, and issue ownership
• Helpdesk ticketing systems
• Windows 7, 10 & Server 2012R2
• Active Directory and Group Policies
• Microsoft WDS, imaging process, client/server patching with WSUS
• LAN, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, Routing, SSL VPN
• CompTIA A+, Network+, Microsoft MCSA or MCSE
• Knowledge of network & systems monitoring tools/procedures
• MS Office 365
• An understanding of the technical needs of CG projects (animation productions, visual effects pipelines and tools)
• Experience with 3D render farms
To be considered for this role, please apply today.