Hygiene Manager- Multi-Site Cleaning- North Lanarkshire£24-26k
Our client is currently recruiting for a Multi-Site Hygiene Manager to provide an efficient cleaning and hygiene service within a group of busy Distribution Centres. The role is managing a unit which operates 24/7. You will be managing team of up to 40 cleaning staff (Variations to staffing levels with occur at peak times).
Outline of the role
As the sites Hygiene Manager your responsibility is for the management of the hygiene and cleaning over the sites including the warehouse, offices and communal areas. You will manage the day to day operation making sure all areas are staffed, audits are carried out and the schedules are kept in line with the service level agreements. You will also look after payroll, recruitment and training of the hygiene operatives. Being a direct point of contact with the client you will be used to building and maintain relationships, acting in a pro- active and professional manner with the ability to solve problems and think on your feet. The role is 40 hours a week usually between Monday to Friday however you will be required to work occasionally unsociable hours so a flexible working approach is required.
What we are looking for in you
* Experienced background in Hygiene Management in a warehouse/ Distribution environment/ retail cleaning or Cleaning within an FM arena is essential
* A background of managing a team of at least 25 cleaning operatives, looking after recruitment, training, rotas and payroll as well as experience in compliance and audits.
* Financial knowledge regarding budgets, P & L accounts, stocks and staffing spends.
* A professional management style and knowledge of HR procedures including recruitment, disciplinary and grievance hearings
* Ability to demonstrate customer focus and to have daily meetings with the customer
* Sound Health and safety knowledge with the ability to conduct audits and train staff accordingly
* High level of planning and organisational skills and ideally an IOSHH and Bics