Employer Industry: Administration
Required Qualification: None
Modern Apprenticeships Level: Level2
The main task is to assist the Saughton House Group Building Manager and the Building Manager in the efficient running of building services within Saughton House and Pentland House. This is a busy, varied and interesting role which would suit someone who enjoys delivering excellent customer service and meeting new people.
What might a typical day in this job look like?
Daily duties vary but a typical day will include :
• Stationery ordering for the team, touchdown centre and meeting rooms using the electronic ordering and payment system.
• Order corporate clothing for reception/security staff, distribution and House Team managers through direct contact with suppliers.
• Manage ifix (query management system) directing jobs to the appropriate team.
• Order replacement keys for the building occupants using the electronic ordering and payment system.
• Take photographs and check identification of new staff for security passes.
• Maintain Excel database of staff vehicles and issue parking discs.
• Act as secretary at local Health and Safety meetings which includes organising the meeting including conference room booking, inviting participants, collation and distribution of papers and minute taking.
• You will be required to carry out Health and Safety audits within the areas occupied by the House Teams and within common building areas e.g Conference/Meeting rooms and First Aid Rooms.
• Hold post of Deputy Fire Precautions Officer.
• Manage House Team budget.
• Undertake Front of House and Distribution duties when required.
What will I learn?
Various skills can be achieved;
• IT based skills - using internal systems
• The ability to plan, organise and prioritise work to meet agreed deadlines.
You will also gain experience working as part of a busy team and working collaboratively with colleagues, contractors and a wide range of internal/external customers
What qualifications or qualities are required?
**Applicants must be 16-24 years old, unemployed or contracted to work 16 hours or less a week, and a resident in Scotland. Please state you meet these requirements on your application**
A3 posts within the Scottish Government are normally filled by individuals who have 5 standard grades at level 3 or above. Although we do not specify this educational criteria for our Modern Apprenticeships, we wish to attract high quality candidates who have the :-
• Potential to perform at this level
• Ability and commitment to achieve all the outcomes of the apprenticeship including passing SVQ 2 in Business Administration