As a Group Financial Accountant within the head office finance team of a £1bn international group, reporting to the Group Financial Controller, your role will be a varied one. Specifically you will:
- Assist with the preparation, review and audit of the Group's annual report and accounts and preparation of subsidiary statutory accounts
- Support the Group CEO/Group Financial Director with projects and monitor and critique submissions received from subsidiaries
- Assist with preparation of the monthly Group management accounts and commentary
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and Group strategic planning processes.
- Assist in preparing presentations to shareholders and the Group board e.g. annual results, half year results, budgets and forecasts
- Oversee the accounts of the Group's small charity - the OCS Family Foundation
- Assist with cash flow, banking and financing activities
- Monitor and review monthly/quarterly submissions from subsidiaries and joint ventures.
- Assist with accounting guidance and the Group finance and accounting manual, keeping it up to date in line with FRS 102
- Analyse and monitor competitors
- Assist with the annual and half year consolidation process
This is an excellent opportunity suiting a first move from practice and will provide exposure to a range of commercial business skills, leading to further management and training development opportunities. You will already have some experience within a variety of finance and reporting activities. You will also:
- Be educated to degree level
- Be ACA qualified, probably within a big 4 or top 10 firm
- Have excellent IT skills, Microsoft Office - Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Have good report writing and presentation skills
- Have experience of working with large international groups and UK GAAP
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.