Job Title: Graphic Designer
Location: Bournemouth, Dorset
Salary: £ 25,000-30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Job Type: Full-time
Our Bournemouth based client is looking for a Graphic Designer to join their busy team. The successful Graphic Designer will provide full support across the teams numerous Client Accounts.
- Receive and interpret client briefs in conjunction with Creative Design Management and the Client Services team
- Liaise with clients and deal with their requirements
- Use creative thinking (e.g. brainstorming) to conceptualise initiatives, brainstorm design and event projects, including copywriting
- Visualise design concepts using Photoshop, Quark, Illustrator, Freehand, InDesign, 3D packages, etc.
- Develop artwork for client chosen designs for print / production
- Attend meetings with Client Services team when required to monitor delivery
- Provide regular updates to superiors and highlight areas requiring attention with proposals
Processes & systems -
- Raise purchase orders where necessary
- Comply with the studio job bag system requirements
- Complete timely and accurate time recording
- Ensure correct coding of time and materials to ensure job profitability of individual projects can be established
- Send correspondence when required
- Field in-coming calls when required
- Greet and welcome clients when required
Continuous Professional Development -
- Undertake continuous research of design and artwork sources to ensure knowledge of design concepts and techniques is up to date, complete and relevant
The successful candidate will be -
- Highly creative / have great ideas and be capable of interpreting client briefs and understanding their brands for all mediums i.e. through the line campaigns, multi-media, print, events and film etc.
- Proficient with most design / art working packages
- Prepared to take full responsibility for projects which may mean working late nights and weekends
- Capable of liaising at all levels
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Well presented
Reference number: 1607-20-7764
Please also attach a covering letter explaining why you are well suited to the role you are applying for.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: http://freshrecruits.co.uk/equal-opportunities/