Financial Analyst - R0010513 Job
Crawley, West Sussex
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits such as bonus, pension and private healthcare
Thales protects 80% of the world’s banking transactions as well as safeguarding the biggest names in technology. We are a leader in cyber security, both in the UK and globally. And to keep our customers’ information and communications safe and secure in this constantly shifting, immensely challenging sector, we need to excel, evolve and invent. That’s why we are looking for the brightest, most daring minds in our industry.
Reporting into the Finance Director you will be responsible for the provision of timely and accurate financial management including achieving our targets for OI, Sales, EBIT and Operating Cash Flow.
You will provide your expert advice and guidance on the identification of financial risks and opportunities, assuring the quality of our data and systems and processes.
Your skills, qualifications and experience
- Underwriting the Monthly financial figures, ensuring that they are produced and consolidated in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Report and manage on the Financial Risks and Opportunities.
- Fully support and promote the IBP process. Ensure that this is a consistent approach across the management team.
- Monthly and Ad-hoc reports are produced in a timely and accurate fashion, for example, R&D Tax Credits, Project Portfolio Dashboards.
- Production of both budgets and forecast in line with corporate timetables. Ensure that these are accurate, achievable and understood.
- Present financial data / provide financial guidance to the management team.
- Assist in the development of IT tools and reporting techniques.
- Production and maintenance of Financial Forecasts.
- Ensure that financial detail is prepared in line with published Accounting Standards, the Thales Accounting and Controlling Manual, ICQ and Chorus 2.0 reference system.
- Maintain an ethical approach to business, in line with the Thales ethics policy.
- Liaison with both internal and external auditors for financial aspects.
- Strong understanding of commercial and financial aspects of the business.
- Ability to assimilate and analyse financial and commercial information.
- Experience in providing financial analysis in a fast moving technical environment.
- Ability to communicate and explain the implications of business issues.
- Change agent, able to identify and implement change within the finance environment.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Good working understanding of ERP systems (ideally Oracle).
- Ideally educated to degree level (preferably in a finance, or related discipline).
- A professional accounting qualification - Ideally CIMA or ACCA.
No Email - Please Apply Below