Robert Half are pleased to be recruiting for a reputable established company is looking for an experienced Finance Assistant in Batley. It is key that the right candidate is very organised and works well towards set deadlines.
- Set up new creditor accounts within designated limits, ensuring that terms of trading are communicated to the creditor and adhered to.
- Raise purchase orders to maintain an authorised audit trail towards payment of invoices.
- Process supplier and sub-contractor invoices and credit notes from receipt to payment.
- Prepare and complete the weekly creditor payment run file in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly sub-contractor journal for upload into Corporate Finance System
- Respond to all invoice queries from internal/external stakeholders
- Reconcile Supplier statements in a timely manner, resolving issues.
- Prepare monthly external debtor invoices
- Liaise with external debtor's to resolve invoice queries
- Reconcile external debtor accounts
- Process weekly time sheets in a timely manner
- Prepare weekly additional and standard hours
- Excel reports for authorisation by Management Accountant
- Administer petty cash; processing claims, reconciling the account and preparing regular reimbursement claims, allocating expenditure to the correct budgets.
- Provide other support to the team as required
- Assist the Management Account in the production of financial reports as and when requested
Desirable skills include:
- Good all-round Microsoft Office (especially Excel) skills
- Experience of working within a busy finance office
- Ability to communicate financial matters to non-financial colleagues
- Good written and spoken skills
- Good telephone manner
Salary & Benefits
- This is a Temporary position paying £12ph starting ASAP
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.