Unfortunately this job vacancy is no longer available. We do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
FIG MnA Analyst - Analyst 2/3 Job
Vacancy Opening Date: 24/10/2017
Vacancy Closing Date: 21/11/2018
Description of the business line or department
CORI, the Coverage and Investment Banking division of SG CIB, offers a global advisory approach focused on strategic dialogue with clients. Building on long-term relationships based on trust, CORI offers clients the whole range of services offered by SG CIB and the Group, with a particular focus on investment banking and commercial banking activities.
CORI's client reach is worldwide with solid local expertise thanks to our platforms in Europe (the UK, Germany, Italy, Iberia and the CEEMEA region), the Americas and Asia.
CORI FIG offers financial institutional clients the whole range of services offered by SG CIB and the Group, with a particular focus on investment banking, commercial banking and global markets activities. CORI FIG provides tailor-made solutions to, financial institutions covering banks, insurance companies, market infrastructure providers, asset managers, pensions, Sovereigns, Supras financially regulated entities and certain family offices
The mission of the M&A team is to help the Group's major clients with their strategic analysis and advise them on M&A transactions. The FIG M&A team originates transactions globally, and works closely with Senior Bankers and with the Group's other business lines as soon as their products are involved in the transaction under consideration. FIG M&A offers financial advice according to client situations and needs: merger, acquisition, sale, spin-off, JV, etc.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
• Ideal opportunity for a candidate to join an established FIG M&A franchise within a leading European Bank • The candidate will receive a well rounded perspective of the development of global financial services in this position, and will be joining an award winning team in a hard working but friendly atmosphere • This is an excellent opportunity to join a firm with business successes throughout recent years • The position will be based in London within the FIG M&A team • The candidate will be focusing on FIG, and will be involved in M&A and ECM execution as well as origination of new deals • Previous relevant experience is essential
• Assisting in origination and execution of M&A transactions across the FIG sector • Involved in the preparation and pitching of presentations for clients, investors and the broader investment community • Financial statement analysis and financial modelling • Company and industry research in the context of the origination and execution of transactions • Company valuations mainly using market multiples, M&A multiples and the DDM / DCF and LBO method • Help develop transaction structures / structured solutions • Keep up to date about M&A, equity and debt related issues • Working with other sector, country and products teams as required • Efficiently supervises interns and owns responsibility of their work • Deliver on due time reliable and accurate work and is able to multi-task • Respects all rules to protect firm’s and client’s interests
Level of autonomy and authority
• Must be able to work independently on defined tasks • No autonomies to commit the firm
Competencies and work experience
• Strong interest in the FIG sector • Good knowledge of Corporate Finance / M&A • Strong analytical / technical skills (accounting and valuation methodologies and their application ) • Has an excellent command of Office tools and relevant databases • Good written and oral communication skills in English • Team player attitude • Adherence to SG’s values and behaviours • Strong commitment to the job, hardworking and the ability to deliver under demanding conditions • Ability to work autonomously on defined tasks • Take ownership of own work • Good attention to detail • Commercial awareness
• Excellent academic record and degree from a Tier 1 University, Engineering or Business School • University graduate (Bachelor’s degree or higher)
• Ideally internship or prior work experience in corporate finance / accountancy / financial services industry
• English and a second language will be an advantage