We currently an opportunity for an Experienced Microbial Fermentation Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceuticals company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Experienced Microbial Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for maintaining microbial cultures and running small scale fermentation projects (up to 50L) within GMP production.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Experienced Microbial Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop and execute Manufacturing Plans and Batch Production Records and Standard Operating Procedures for GMP production.
2. Form part of multidisciplinary technology transfer teams working taking process from the development stage into GMP.
3. Work with production methods including; shake flasks, 5L Glass and SUB disposable bioreactors up to 50L Scale stainless steel and disposable fermentation systems.
4. Flexibly work within alternative programmes of work including Mammalian/Virus/Plasmid Upstream and Downstream processes as required.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Experienced Microbial Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biotechnology related discipline, such as: Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Medical Biotechnology, Biology, etc. along with industry experience in GMP production.
2. Proven industry experience in GMP fermentation on scales up 50L.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Biopharmaceutical production from microbial cultures.
Key Words: Fermentation | Microbial | Cell Culture | Bioreactor | GMP | Biopharmceutical | Bioprocessing | Production | Biotechnology |
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.