REPORTS TO: Venue Hire Department Manager
SALARY: £16,000 - £18,000 pro rata
HOURS: Part time role, 3-3.5 days (22.5 - 27 hrs flexible) per week dependant on salary.
Overall description of job
At-Bristol has established itself as one of the most unique and prestigious venues in the South West hosting a wide range of events, including conferences, weddings, private dinners, exhibitions, drinks receptions and more. The At-Bristol Venue Hire department caters for events ranging from as few as two or three people to a maximum of 500, offering clients exceptional facilities, flexibility and value.
Some of our high-profile events have included hosting the Sky News media hub during the 2010 election debates, the FIRA Robo World Cup 2012 and the Bristol Food Connections Festival. We are also work in partnership with the Bristol Festival of Ideas to put on talks and debates by internationally-renowned thinkers and writers.
In this busy fast paced role, the Events Coordinator will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Venue Hire team as well as assisting the Event Managers with the coordination and running of events.
Sales & Administration
• Act as the first point of contact for telephone and email enquiry response
• Work with the Sales Manager to ensure all venue hire phone and web-site enquiries are fielded professionally and efficiently
• Ensuring client records and requirements are kept up to date and accurate in the Venue Hire Events booking database.
• Accurately producing letters, quotations, contracts, invoices and other documents as required.
• Ensuring that deposits/ balance payments are received in advance of all events and chasing any outstanding accounts.
• Conducting site tours of the venue to promote the facilities and impress prospective clients
• Up-selling additional products and services
• Respond promptly to all customer queries or questions.
• Communicate with clients following events to gain feedback
• Work with the Operations Manager to undertake the management of events allocated to you; with out of hours work as necessary
• Assist / liaise with other Event Managers to ensure the smooth delivery and co-ordination of events
• Liaise with clients frequently in the lead up to their events to provide advice and to ensure that all requirements are understood and documented
• Ensure that events are serviced with the highest quality and attention to detail
• Liaise with relevant internal departments (e.g. Catering, Visitor Operations, Cleaning, Security, IT etc) to provide accurate and timely information concerning events.
• Produce detailed operational forms and floor plans
• Ensure that event spaces are set-up, clean and tidy before a client arrives with a hands on approach to any physical tasks that need completion.
• Dealing effectively with client complaints and comments as they arise
• Make certain that Health and Safety regulations are adhered to during events and carry out safe evacuation of all visitors/clients when necessary in line with At-Bristol fire evacuations procedures.
• Ensure that all clients working on site have the appropriate legal paperwork such as risk assessments, public liability and insurance documents.
• Supervise and co-ordinating event support staff during live events as well as during set ups and breakdowns
Experience and skills
• Previous experience working in a fast moving events environment is desirable.
• Previous experience in a customer service role, preferable in a leisure industry.
• Previous administration experience, ideally in a sales or events environment.
• Manual handling experience is desirable.
• Excellent organisational skills, with high attention to detail.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.