Pontins Southport Holiday Park
Britannia Hotels is the fastest expanding independent UK hotel group, currently we have 51 hotels (and growing) and 6 Pontins Holiday Parks. A fiercely independent, innovative and thriving company, our success has been built on the can-do attitude of the people who work for us.
- The Event Sales Assistant job will be based at Ainsdale House at Pontins Southport.
- This will be 40 hours per week, over 5 days, Monday to Friday.
- Start and Finish times will be – 9am – 5.30pm (½ hour lunch break)
- To report to the Marketing Manager.
- Work as part of the Pontins Events Sales Team with the objective of maximizing Event Sales Revenue across the group.
- Gain a full knowledge of the Pontins Parks, venue space, facilities and accommodation.
- Have the ability to confidently relay this knowledge to potential clients when enquiring about the Pontins Product.
- Pro-actively generate leads for new business via previous and new clients.
- Cold calling potential customers to prospect for new business
- Form and maintain strong relationships with these new contacts in order to encourage repeat business.
- Be able to build relationships and communicate with key employees at the 6 parks who will act as Pontins representatives for show arounds and operational meetings.
- Be able to understand and compose templated contracts for different event types.
- Negotiate the terms of an agreement / negotiating on price, costs and specifications with clients
- Exceed sales goals/targets
- Follow all standard procedures and policies ensuring deposits and contracts are signed, received and recorded timely and accurately
Key Skills and Competencies
- Previous experience in hotel/leisure industry, preferably sales orientated.
- Strong verbal and communication skills, good telephone manner.
- High level of attention to detail – especially when working with contracts as it is vital these are accurately completed.
- Professional personal presentation.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook).
- Be able to work well independently as well as in a small team.
- Be able to manage, organise and prioritise your own work load in a pro-active manner.