Location: Macclesfield, Cheshire
Salary: £18,500 + Monthly bonus on meeting objectives
Contract: Full time, permanent
About the job
Opus Business Media Ltd, an established B2B publishing house, is looking for a dynamic graduate to join their editorial team, as an editor of one their established monthly trade publications.
You should have a degree in journalism or writing, and ideally some experience of working in either magazines or newspapers.
The purpose of this role will be to edit one of our successful monthly magazines, while supporting all editorial functions, and working across our entire portfolio of publications, supplements and yearbooks. You will be working with a small team of editors, sales people, and production, who need an enthusiastic individual with an eye for a story and the drive and determination to complete tasks quickly and efficiently.
Duties and responsibilities:
* Source copy - such as news and features.
* Sub/proof read copy at initial and colour proof stages.
* Write articles and features, or take an existing press release and transform it into something new.
* Liaise with clients and PR teams to ensure that copy is of the highest level.
* Take phone calls and reply to emails.
* Assist in the upkeep of several social media accounts.
* Update relevant websites with news.
* Attend press functions, trade shows and client meetings.
* Work towards time-scales and deadlines.
The ideal candidate
* Excellent level of written and spoken English - degree level.
* Talented writer.
* Strong IT skills.
* Knowledge of social media.
* Hard-working and professional.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Good organisational skills.
* A team player.
Useful but not essential
* Experience of B2B/trade magazines.
The role and the company offer fantastic opportunities to progress develop and learn new skills. This is a great chance for anyone who is looking to continue to forge a career in journalism and represent a leading industry title.
If you are interested in this role please click 'apply' today!
We will be interviewing immediately, with a start date expected in April.