*THIS POSITION IS FOR BANK ONLY*
Are you One of a kind?
Operating the kindest homes, with the kindest and most professional colleagues, making a real difference to the lives of the older people in the UK.
What our colleagues say: 97% of our colleagues said that the most important thing to them was the satisfaction they got from making a difference to the lives of those they care for.
Stability and Investment: HC-One has already invested £8m in a fleet of customised 12-seater Renault Master LWB diesel minibuses for all its homes. The Post holder would be making a major contribution on ad hoc basis towards maximising the use of these impressive vehicles for the good of our Residents.
HC-One has entered a new stable partnership with a long term plan for continued improvement:
In 2015 we began an extensive refurbishment programme to invest more than £100 million, over 5 years to continue improving our homes for the residents and our staff teams.;Learning and Development: HC-One is committed to continued learning and development for all its staff and this role is no exception. The Post holder will undertake a short but vital course on the access and safety features of the minibuses learning how best to assist Residents on and off the vehicles in concert with staff and volunteers.
Purpose of Role:The Post holder will play a pivotal role in a care team of staff and volunteers taking Residents on outings, events and activities, significantly increasing their sense of wellbeing, helping them to stay in touch with their communities. The key responsibilities of the role are: -
• To drive the minibus safely and look after its general tidiness and cleanliness
• To assist residents getting on and off the mini bus
• To be sensitive to resident’s comfort throughout the journey
• To interact with residents when appropriate to do so
• To plan the journey
• To advise the home of any mechanical problems that may need rectifying
The candidate must have:
• Full clean UK driving license with D1 category (or equivalent post 1997)
• MiDAS Certificate and/or PVC licence
• Previous experience of driving a minibus or similar vehicle would be an advantage.
• A friendly, caring nature
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Emergency First Aid at Work optional but not essential