Oak Furniture Land, a trading division of JB Global Ltd, is the fastest growing furniture company in the UK.The business is a remarkable success story. Starting out on Ebay in 2006,it has grown year on year by over 40% and now employs 1000 people across the UK with an annual turnover of £194m.
We now have over 70 stores UK wide and have been recognised by the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for the 5th time in 6 years and has been shortlisted for an Oracle Retail Week Award in the ‘Multi-channel Retailer of the Year’ category. All this indicates that Oak Furniture Land is a dynamic and exciting environment in which to work.
We are currently recruiting for a Depot/Transport Supervisor to be based at our Croydon Depot. As Depot/Transport Supervisor you'll be responsible for managing the home delivery activity for the Croydon out-base site. Reporting to the South Home Delivery Manager responsibilities will include:
• Provision of labour in line with anticipated demand (drivers and warehouse)
o Investigating variances between planned and actual performance
o Delivering the budget flexed in line with sales activity
• Accuracy / timeliness of despatches to the customers
• Provision of resource to meet the delivery schedules
• Day to day management of the home delivery drivers and associated cross-dock operatives and trunk drivers
• Ensure staff are engaged in the JB Global business and create a culture of continuous improvement across the site teams
• Compliance with Health & Safety legislation of company standards ie DVSA ‘O’ license regulations
o Accident investigation
• Implementing change programmes in conjunction with the logistics planning and development team
• Site maintenance and security for the site.
The Transport/Depot Manager is also responsible for:
• Morale / motivation of the site team
• All Communications to Customer Service
• To undertake any other reasonable duties as required
Managing a team of 3
Previous supervisory experience in a logistics operation preferably within furniture home delivery
IT literate : Excel,Word,Powerpoint
Good geographical knowledge of specific delivery area
There will be some travel associated with the role
Full time role to cover site requirements