Data Protection Manager required for an innovative Financial Services company in Edinburgh offering Flexi-time, bonus, generous pension, free parking and 36 days paid holiday.
Reporting to the Head of Information Security in this key role, you will take responsibility for the development and implementation of Data Protection Strategy within the UK business.
- Provide expert advice on the operation of privacy controls and privacy risk
- Ensuring that Data Protection Notifications are accurate, up to date and regularly
- Managing privacy breaches, complaints, and
- Inputs to governance reporting on the extent of compliance with privacy risk management
- Identifying and analysing relevant data protection and legislative changes and providing expert guidance to the
- Assist with wording of Fair Processing Notices
- Having some specialised expertise and considerable experience in Information Security and Data Protection
Skills & Knowledge required:
- Experience of working in Data Protection, Information Security or similar function with a focus on data privacy.
- Detailed working knowledge of Data Protection Act and Privacy based legislation, including Data Protection Act 1998 and subsequent Statutory Instruments, including the upcoming GDPR, Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations, Lawful Business Practices Regulations and Court
- Knowledge of risk assessment and risk management techniques and their application
- Maintain an up to date and current expert knowledge of Data Privacy, Information Security in relation to current business and industry issues and
- Good stakeholder management skills, with an ability to understand and communicate complex data privacy matters to a variety of audiences.
This is an excellent opportunity to take the next step in your career where you'll be given the opportunity to shape the company policy on Data Protection and be rewarded with an excellent financial package while maintaining a great work/life balance.
Apply now or get in touch for a full and details job spec.