Customer Service Officer Apprenticeship
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures.
An Apprenticeship with HSBC
- You will work towards and complete a nationally recognised vocational qualification in Providing Financial Services (equivalent to NVQ Level 3)
- You will achieve a Certificate in Retail Banking Conduct of Business (CertRBCB®)
- You will gain satisfaction and self-confidence from knowing your capabilities have been successfully assessed against an established national framework
- The professional qualifications behind the Apprenticeship Programme and the experience through the Customer Services role will provide you with a great opportunity to progress your career with us and explore development opportunities that are available to you
The Programme has no prescribed timescale for completion as we recognise everyone learns at different speeds; however the average time to complete an Apprenticeship is between 14 - 18 months.
What will be expected from you?
- The start of your journey with HSBC will provide you with a 6 week blended learning experience, during this time you will learn how to be successful in your role through a mixture of classroom, on-line & practical training as well as having the opportunity to develop your new skills in HSBC's model branch
- We ask for your commitment to develop and learn, and to be willing to devote some of your own time to see the programme through to the end
- During your time in the office you will be collating evidence of learning, be observed and receive feedback from a dedicated Talent Coach. This is averaged over a 12 - 18 month period and includes time spent at the beginning of the programme completing 'sign-up' & functional skills assessments, as well as time to take examinations.
As a Customer Services Officer, you can expect to:
- Provide a range of services to HSBC customers, supporting every life event, from opening an account, going to university, saving for a new home, to retirement.
- Effectively question and listen to your customers when reviewing their account to enable you to fully understand both new & existing customer's financial circumstances and needs.
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge of the Bank's full range of products & services to enable you to connect the customer with other colleagues who can support their entire life journey.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to ensure every need of the customer can be met within the wider branch team.
- Help customers to understand how they can flexibly use HSBC services through Internet Banking, phone Banking & Self-service points, to meet their varying needs.
- Be proactive in building & developing a customer base through the use of Customer Contact Lists, referrals & walk-ins.
- Understand & continue to develop your knowledge of operational risk, legal & regulatory requirements & operating procedures & practises.
- Treat Customers Fairly at the heart of all that you do.
This role also offers an attractive reward package, flexible benefits, pension and employee discounts.
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Our Customer Services Apprenticeship is part of our School Leaver Programme.
If you are studying at university or a graduate, please visit our Graduate & Internship opportunities here: http://www.hsbc.com/careers/students-and-graduates/programmes
We are looking for apprentices who demonstrate HSBC values and behaviours, and show potential rather than experience and qualifications.
To be successful, you will:
- Have a genuine passion to deliver a superior customer experience
- Have a desire to deliver a personalised, friendly & efficient service at all times
- Have strong communication skills so you can have effective conversations with customers & build professional rapport with anyone
- Seek to continuously improve and learn, and be willing to work at pace with changing priorities and challenges
At HSBC we are open to different ideas and cultures and live by our values of being dependable, open and connected. HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website