Highways England is currently recruiting for a Corporate Editor to be based in either Birmingham or Guildford office.
To research and execute high-quality copy for a wide range of corporate channels, including publications; features for the website, speeches and corporate presentations. Take ownership of the tone of voice style guidelines; deliver advice, training and guidance on appropriate application of the style guide. Work with the corporate communications business partners to deliver high quality targeted corporate communications.
- Research topics and execute high-quality copy and content (features, opinions, profiles etc.) for a wide range of corporate channels, both online and in print
- Produce content for corporate publications
- Personally take editorial responsibility for a number of Highways England's publications (Business Plan, Annual Report and Roads Investment Strategy and other strategic documents)
- Seek reader feedback, and routinely feed into the development of publications and communications campaign commissions
- Draft corporate announcements, policy and strategy documents, speeches and presentations. Working closely with other communications colleagues and senior management from across the wider business to ensure the consistent presentation of key messages
- Take ownership for refreshing, updating and continuous rationalisation of Highways England's tone of voice and writing style guide, advising internal stakeholders and supply chain on their application
- Support the corporate story and develop content that delivers company objectives
- Ensure that the company's tone of voice is implemented consistently across all corporate communications. Lead workshops and informal training on tone of voice for colleagues across Highways England, empowering them to be confident when communicating about the company to an external audience
- Work with digital communications colleagues to ensure an integrated and timely approach to communications across digital channels.
- Contribute to the wider reputation management of the company handling sensitive issues (and when required, becoming part of the crisis communications team), supporting the work of the press office, internal communications, community relations and public affairs
- Extensive experience of business writing
- Experience working in an internal or external communications role
- Proven experience of delivering written communications and editorial services for a range of audiences
- Experience of delivering written communications for digital and print channels
- Relevant professional communications qualification or education to degree standard in English Language or English Literature
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all the skills, experience and qualifications requested are clearly demonstrated in your CV as explained in the body of the advert.
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.