Maternity Cover – 6 months
We are Chester Zoo, and for over 80 years we’ve been a leading conservation and education charity, and an amazing, award-winning visitor attraction.
We’re also a team of passionate, talented, enthusiastic and expert people, doing everything we can to keep the zoo going, from feeding the animals to discovering new conservation ideas, and giving our 1.9 million visitors an inspirational day out.
We work hard because we love animals, we care about nature, we love Chester Zoo and we want to be the best zoo in the world!
If you think you can help us to achieve that, then we’d love to hear from you.
We currently have an exciting vacancy for a Communications Assistant to join our PR team for a period of maternity cover, delivering world class internal and external communications for the UK’s number one zoo.
• Share key messages through internal communications channels and assist in the planning and delivery of zoo-wide communication events such as All Staff Briefings
• Take responsibility for the production of the staff newsletter, working to agreed timescales and content guidelines
• Contribute to and support the production of the zoo members’ magazine – Z, including researching and writing articles
• Assist the PR team by liaising with press, both reactively and proactively, to protect the reputation of the zoo and drive visitor numbers
• Draft press releases as directed by the PR & Media Manager
• Assist the zoo’s external communications activity by arranging and supervising filming and photography opportunities
• Handle and carry out film crew recces, ensuring crews are managed appropriately
• Assist with the creation of winning content for social media, including video editing
• Management of day-to-day internal requests for images and information
• Assist with crisis communications management
The successful candidate will:
• A degree level qualification
• Experience of working in a communications, PR or journalism role
• Have good organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Be experienced in the use of Microsoft Office applications
The salary for this role is £13,120.18 based on 24 hours per week. In addition we offer a range of amazing benefits which can be found on the Chester Zoo careers page.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘apply’ button on this page where you’ll be redirected to the vacancy on the Chester Zoo website. You will then be required to provide your current CV and complete the application form highlighting your skills and experience including why you believe you should be considered for this Communications Assistant role.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 5 November 2017.
This Communications Assistant vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Chester Zoo. Please note that JVP is an advertising company NOT a recruitment agency, therefore all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Chester Zoo, and should they wish to progress your application further, they will be in contact with you.