COFFEE SHOP SUPERVISOR
Place of Work: Will normally be the Coffee Shop at Dickenson Road, M13. However, the post holder
will be expected to work across other shops of the business as requested.
Purpose: Responsible for ensuring the effective operation of OMGDelites Coffee Shop. This includes
supervising staff, stock management, preparing high quality products and customer care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report on a weekly basis, or as otherwise agreed, to the Retail Manager on all relevant issues or general concerns.
- Assist the Retail Manager in ensuring that the shop is effectively managed and provides optimal
- quality value for money products and services.
- Ensure the health and safety of all Staff and customers utilising the services / facilities of the shop.
- Ensure you and all relevant staff complies with all environmental health and safety, fire and building
- regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that you and the staff present an appropriate image to customers.
- Immediately inform your line manager of any financial issues that arise whilst working.
- Ensure that the coffee shop is sufficiently stocked to meet demand, stock awaiting sale is kept at
- optimum condition and wastage is minimised and recorded.
- Ensure the coffee machines are in good working order and maintained on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliance with the terms of any fire certificate, the general law of the land and any other
- constraints applicable to the supply of the products and services (including environmental health
- legislation safety, building and security regulations).
- Ensure compliance of OMGDelits marketing and drinks preparation guidelines.
- Ensuring that both you and all staff aspire to the highest standards of customer care at all times.
- Maintain a clean and tidy shop area.
- Assist the Retail Manager with the effective promotion and advertising of shop services activities
- and products, completing all required paperwork.
- Ensure the daily and weekly cleaning schedules are completed to a high standard.
FINANCIAL AND STOCK CONTROL
- Assist the Retail Manager in ensuring effective control of relevant stocks and assets, ensuring any
- transfer of stock is correctly recorded.
- Assist the Retail Manager in achieving the daily sales targets.
- When requested by the Retail Manager, prompt and accurate cashing up at the end of the day, and
- transfer of money into safe location.
- Ensure you and all relevant staff adheres to current financial policies.
- Supervise deliveries, including the checking of delivery notes and verification of delivered goods.
- Notify Retail Manager of any price rises that are notified with the delivery of goods.
- Assist the Retail Manager with regular stock-takes as required.
- Operate such other systems of control and keeping such records as shall be required by the Retail
- Supervise and support student staff working in the coffee shop, so as to effectively and safely
- discharge the department’s aims and objectives.
- Report to the Retail Manager on staffing matters as required.
- Training new student staff to OMGDelites Barista standards.
- Shall keep accurate records of hours worked, furnishing the line manager with completed time
- sheets on a monthly basis for authorisation.
To ensure the delivery of a positive image of OMG Delites, both internally and externally by
displaying high standards of professionalism, politeness, conduct and service.
- Shall be responsible for the overall cleanliness and security of their working area.
- To operate the IT systems and related software used by OMG Delites.
- It is important to be aware that OMG Delites expects all staff to participate in, and take ownership
- of, their Induction, Personal Development Plan, staff meetings and be responsible for undertaking
- duties with full regard for others within the conditions of employment detailed in their contract of
This Job Description is not an exhaustive list, and does not form any part of contract of employment
and is subject to annual review.