We pay our team members the National living wage (£7.85 per hour). Sewell Cleaners in Hull and York are responsible for cleaning our School facilities, including; brushing and vacuuming, mopping, wiping surfaces and windows, cleaning tables, furniture and skirtings boards, cleaning toilet and kitchen facilities and operating machinery such as floor buffers and carpet cleaners.
Site: Victoria Dock Primary School, Hull
Hours of work: 12.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday 4pm to 6.30pm
We look for people who go above and beyond, who work hard and who are passionate about delivering a world-class standard of services. At Sewell Facilities Management, our Cleaners are responsible for carrying out general cleaning duties on site and supporting their wider team to ensure that all areas are cleaned to the highest of standards possible, including the flexibility for working overtime during holiday and sickness periods.
• Cleaning duties on site to include; vacuuming carpets, mopping floors, wiping and cleaning surfaces, skirtings, chairs and tables, cleaning of class rooms, staff rooms, kitchen areas, toilet areas and hallways
• Supporting the Cleaning Supervisor and Cleaning Manager by working overtime on occasion to cover for periods of holiday and sickness
• Report any issues with cleaning equipment to Cleaning Supervisor/Cleaning Manager
• If required, support the Cleaning Supervisor with deliveries or stock control
• Liaise with Cleaning Supervisor with regards to low stock and order requirements
• On occasion you may be asked to operate cleaning machinery such as floor/carpet cleaners, of which full training would be given
The suitable person will have the following:
• Previous working experience within a cleaner role
• A passion for delivering a world-class service
• A ‘hands on’ approach to working and be able to use own initiative
• A positive, approachable and professional attitude and demeanour
• The ability to work both as a team member, and alone in a busy working environment
• Possess a positive approach to learning, development and progression
Sewell is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services. As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role.