Our client is a multi-disciplined company specializing in traditional and contemporary design for refurbishment, fitting out, and alteration projects to an exceptionally high standard. Their reputation is paramount to their success providing quality craftsmanship in bespoke heritage joinery, interior fitting out and shopfitting.
They require a CAD Draughtsman / Joinery Setter Out to prepare and co-ordinate detailed design drawings for all customers, considering all aspects of assembly, construction and installation.
Key Roles & Responsibilities Include:
* To comply with the company Health & Safety Policy and the responsibilities therein at all times
* Co-ordinate design concepts with all designers, architects, sub-contractors and other relevant personnel
* Produce drawings to the appropriate level of detail (including specialist materials)
* Ensure drawings produced are cost efficient
* Co-ordinate ordering of specialist materials with the Procurement Department, i.e., laminate and ironmongery
* Carry out admin function relating to project folders Admin
* Work with a positive attitude at all times and have a professional and considerate approach to work
* To support all work colleagues and encourage team working.
You must have a good all round knowledge of AutoCAD and have a sound joinery background preferably within a shopfitting environment. The role requires the ability to convert client drawings/requirements into joinery manufacture detail.
* Practical joinery knowledge for a minimum of 2 years
* Knowledge of pre-assembly techniques
* Team player
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Time Management skills
* Commercial awareness
* NVQ Level II/City & Guilds in Wood Occupations
* NVQ Level III in Cabinet Making
The position is available on either a freelance or permanent basis with hourly rates, day rates or salaries negotiable based on current earnings and relevant experience.