Main Purpose: To assist the Client Support Practitioners, as tasked by the Service Manager, by providing practical support to clients and their children within the boundaries of Safer Places, maintaining excellent relationships with partner agencies and fellow employees.
1. To maintain and demonstrate a commitment to the Organisations vision and values and strategic aims and objectives.
2. To maintain high standards of professionalism and keep abreast of current legislation, standards, best practice and maintain a focus of continuous improvement.
3. To maintain knowledge of the Organisations operating environment.
1. Assisting Client Support Practitioners in the delivery of client led support to clients and their children ensuing that all aspects of the clients needs and safety are taken into account.
2. To implement practical actions identified in the client support plan under direction of the Client Support Practitioner.
3. To undertake liaison with partner agencies as directed by the Client Support Practitioner. This will include setting up meetings, completing paperwork, telephone liaison etc.
4. Assist the Client Support Practitioner to ensure records are maintained to a high standard including databases.
5. Assist clients to manage their budgets in line with the plans and tenancy agreement agreed by the Client Support Practitioner.
6. To work as part of the team ensuring that at all times a clean, safe, welcoming and secure environment is provided. Performing domestic tasks as required ensuring rooms are ready for clients as required.
7. Assist team in ensuring notice boards, welcome packs and other information sources are maintained and up to date.
8. Provide general assistance to the Client Support Practitioner.
9. Assist Programme Practitioner in facilitating group work.
10. To act in a professional manner at all times, maintaining excellent records and communicating effectively with colleagues and partners, maintaining appropriate relationships at all times with clients, colleagues and partners and complying with Safer
Places policies and procedures.
11. Ensure that KPIs are met.
12. Assist the team in ensuring that administrative tasks are completed to time
13. Participate fully in the out of hours emergency services rota.
1. The role holder will be expected to perform any other duties that may reasonably be asked of them.
- Working with vulnerable people.
- Managing a caseload
- Working within a multi-agency and legislative framework.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
You are required to:
- Be able to form good working relationships with women whilst working within professional boundaries.
- Understand and be committed to equal opportunities and diversity issues in policy and practice.
- Have computer literacy skills
- Have good communication skills, both
written and verbal when interacting with a range of agencies and individuals.
- Have strong crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
- Maintain a safe and clean living environment for clients and their children.
- Have a good understanding of domestic abuse including the impact of domestic abuse on victims and their children.
- Understand the needs of vulnerable people generally and of those with mental health, drugs and alcohol issues.
- Understand Safeguarding and child protection issues, and the legal responsibilities surrounding these issues.
- Understand the principles of risk assessment, safety planning and risk management for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
- Understand the remits and resources of relevant statutory bodies and voluntary agencies.
- Have a good working knowledge of the local area.
You will be required to:
- Be compassionate and empathetic with your clients situation.
- Show initiative and be proactive when managing your workload and interacting with clients and agencies.
- Act with integrity and respect when working with all clients, agencies and
- Work flexibly as part of a team.
- Be optimistic about the possibility of personal growth and change.
- Motivate individuals and agencies to move through courses of action and
decision making processes.
- Subject to Enhanced CRB Check
- Ability to work outside the normal office
hours to cover on-call on a rota basis
- Car driver