Analytical ScientistPermanentUp to £28,000 plus benefitsBased in LiverpoolPharmaceutical industry
A multinational pharmaceutical company is looking to appoint an experienced Analytical Scientist
to their site in Liverpool on a permanent basis as part of ongoing expansion plans. As an Analytical Scientist you will be involved in transferring, applying, optimising, qualifying and validating analytical methodologies for process development, product characterisation, in-process and QC batch release and stability testing of a wide range of potential biopharmaceutical products. Duties:
Qualifications and Experience
- Work within the Analytical group transferring, optimising, qualifying, validating and applying test methods for the company.
- Perform process development testing (non-GMP) and stability and release assays (GMP) for methods including HPLC, Immunoassays, UV, SDS-PAGE and Western Blot.
- Perform routine utility testing including TOC, Conductivity and Nitrate tests.
- Perform equipment validation activities including the writing of equipment URS, System Impact Assessment, IQ/OQ/PQ protocols and reports,
- Assist in the validation of analytical methods by writing and executing of analytical method validation protocols and associated reports.
- Interpret and analyse experimental results and communicate them effectively with guidance from a Senior Analytical Scientist.
- Comply with the requirements to work in accordance with cGMP.
- Perform routine QC/ in-process analysis in a timely and compliant fashion, when required.
- Instigate the necessary investigations and documentation for Out of Specification and deviation and inform line manager of such deviations.
- When required, to support the Technical Lead in their management and co-ordination of projects assigned to you as Deputy Technical Lead.
- Bachelor of Science and experience working within a Quality Control laboratory environment, preferably within the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology Industry.
- Experience of current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
- Analysis of in-process/final product samples under development and QC conditions.
- Working knowledge of the European Pharmacopoeia.
- Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Good organisational skills essential.
- Working knowledge of analytical techniques including but not limited to:
- HPLC (RP, SEC), SDS-PAGE and Western blot, ELISA and HCP, UV
For further details and to apply please contact Johnathan Miller at Scantec on 0151._ 666._ 8925 and johnathanm (at) scantec. co. uk
Scantec is the 3rd Largest Technical Agency in UK - "Recruitment International Magazine 2015" and specialises in the Manufacturing, IT, Technical, Engineering and Scientific Sectors. Scantec provide highly qualified and experienced personnel in a compliant and professional manner on both a permanent and temporary assignment basis.