Office Administrator/ Administration Assistant with great administrative, organisational and communication skills required for a Design and Communications Company based in Lewes, East Sussex.
SALARY: £17,000 - £20,000 (depending on experience)
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Office Administrator / Administration Assistant who can work at a high level of accuracy and has excellent time-management skills.
Working as the Office Administrator / Administration Assistant you will provide a wide range of administrative support to the Company Directors and the Design, Events and Editorial Teams.
Your responsibilities as the Office Administrator / Administration Assistant will include diary management, client liaison, managing the web site content, company blog updates and social media accounts, producing reports, some basic bookkeeping, data entry, distributing post, ordering stationery, answering the office telephone and meeting and greeting visitors.
As the Office Administrator / Administration Assistant you must have excellent communication skills and have a good working knowledge of MS Office particularly MS Word and Excel. You should also be familiar with the use of social media e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Blogs.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
· Provide administrative support to Company Directors and the Design, Events and Editorial Teams
· Manage the Directors’ Diaries and organise travel arrangements and other PA type duties
· Update and maintain the Company Web Sites, Blogs and Social Media Accounts
· Maintain and update the Company’s Database
· Answer incoming telephone calls and collect visitors from the reception area
· Arrange couriers / taxis as required
· Ensure filing is kept up-to date
· Produce reports accurately and in a timely manner
· Attend and take notes at weekly internal meetings
· Control petty cash
· Prepare and send out sales invoices
· Ensure that cheques received from clients are paid in daily
· Follow up on overdue invoices from trade debtors
· Update purchase ledger
· Prepare remittance advices and write out cheques for suppliers
· Maintain, manage and oversee the Company’s job costing system
· Monitor stationery stock levels, ordering top up supplies as required
· Ensure post is distributed to staff on a daily basis
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
· Must have previous administrative skills, preferably gained within a small firm
· Any previous bookkeeping skills would be highly desirable, although not essential
· Have achieved at least A, B or C grades in 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including Maths and English, and preferably have been educated to degree level
· Have excellent written and oral skills in English
· Be comfortable working with figures
· Be familiar with the use of social media e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Facebook, Blogs
· Have excellent IT skills covering databases, MS Office (MS Word and Excel)
· Be familiar with the use of normal office equipment such as telephone systems, printers, scanners, binding machines etc.
· Must have excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
· Be self-reliant and self-motivated with the ability to take initiative
· Able to work at a high level of accuracy
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV’s of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Admin Jobs in Lewes
Careers and Vacancies in East Sussex
AWD online operates as an employment agency