Soft services administrative assistant
Generic Job Title
Chef manager / General services manager
Office / Unit name
To assist in the administration across on site soft services to include catering, cleaning and reception as agreed within the Service Level Agreement.
Accountabilities or “What you have to do”
- To represent Sodexo in a professional and competent manner at all times developing good working relationships with Sodexo and the Client.
- To keep and organise accurate records ofstaff rotas, holidays and sickness and to liase with heads of departments for inputting into UDC
- To assist in the induction of new colleagues in accordance with company procedures
- To be IOSH and food safety level 3 trained toassist in carrying out all employee training including, Health and Safety, COSHH, Great card training & refreshers.
- To minute and type up weekly team huddles and forward onto to the team leaders and managers
- To liase with the GSM and chef manager in updating the waste management folder
- To assist the GSM in the site waste management and horticultural service requests
- To assist in monthly stock takes and enter onto E-ProphiT in line with company procedure
- To ensure all personnel and training records are kept updated to the required company standard and in line with legislative requirements.
- Ensure that all safety data sheets & Safe Systems of Work & Risk assessments are available and up to date for all chemicals & tasks (COSHH)
- Pro-active approach in reportingany equipment which is faulty and near misses..
- Report accidents and near misses directly to safeguard and assist the managers in dealing with the follow up paperwork. .
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance and general cleanliness to comply with statutory and Company regulations, wearing company uniform as specified.
- Draw to the attention of the General Services Manager any potential hazards on site or infringements of Health & Safety Legislation.
- Attend training courses and meetings as is necessary to maintain standards in the contract and assist in carrying out the job role efficiently
- To carry out typing and printing of any relevant menu’s and signage for the restaurant. Ensure that signage is professional and displayed correctly in the restaurant as agreed with the chef manager
- To assist in the administration and active promoting and marketing of theme events
- To cash up tills in the restaurant and cash reconciliation, enter takings onto E-prophiT.
- To assist the chef manager in banking and entering on to E-prophiT
- To be EPOS till and cash compliance trained and have full understanding of the systems in order to make changes and keep the EPOS system updated
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or “What it will look like when you are doing the job well”
- The smooth running and standards of Sodexo Cleaning within the unit are maintained at all times.
- Seeks to raise standards and improve quality of performance and service.
- The Service Level Agreement is achieved at all times and monitored through weekly management and monthly Client audits.
- Identifying additional areas of cleaning in addition to the cleaning specification.
- Compliance with company and statutory regulations relating to Safe Systems of Work, Health and Safety, Hygiene, cleanliness and COSHH.
- Effective delivery of training to employees to ensure Sodexo Cleaning Offer is competently delivered.
- Outstanding Customer Service delivered to the customer.
- Long term, successful and sustainable client and business relationships developed.
Site turnover of £1.5m per annum
40 staff on site over all services
Reassure Insurance building of 1300 office employees. Restaurant offering two coffee bars, restaurant 0730 – 1630 , 10 vending machines, cleaning services day and nights, security and reception services 0600-2230 weekdays, 0700-1630 weekends, remote monitoring out of hours, full mechanical and engineering contract, waste management, horticulture services for car park and grounds maintenance.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent Customer Service and Communication Skills.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety, COSHH, food safety level 3 and IOSH trained(training can be given)
- Strong administration skills
- Stong communication skills
- Excellent organisation and scheduling skills
Contextual or other information
- To attend to any reasonable management request.
- To be able to perform additional administration in the manager’s absence including payroll trained to ensure the smooth running of the business.