Unfortunately this job vacancy is no longer available. We do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.
Admin Assistant Modern Apprenticeship Job
Salary: 7,500.00 - 9,000.00 per year
Employer Industry: Administration Required Qualification: SCQF5 Modern Apprenticeships Level: Level2
Job overview: This is a well-established cleaning services company offering both commercial cleaning and professional office cleaning. They require a hard-working Administrative Assistant to work in their main office.
What might a typical day in this job look like? Communicating professionally with staff and clients via phone call, e-mail, letter and face to face contact will form the main part of the job. A typical day could involve answering/using the telephone, passing on calls and taking down accurate messages. Using office equipment such as computers, telephones, printers, photocopiers, franking machine and fax machines will be a daily occurrence. You will be scanning paperwork handed in daily by field based operatives.
- Professionally dealing with customer complaints in the first instance and escalating them as and when required.
- Assisting other administration staff to plan weekly work rotas for cleaning operatives based on business and client requirements.
- Booking in extra jobs as and when they are presented.
- Completing and communicating detailed job lines for cleaning operatives to ensure that jobs are carried out thoroughly and to a high standard.
- Ensuring that all run folders and domestic payment sheets are kept accurate and up to date.
- Contacting clients to report site problems and to find ways to rectify these.
- Sending photographs to clients as soon as possible via e-mail to give them updates and completion information on jobs.
- Processing four-weekly databases of prospective clients and sending marketing materials to them
- Assisting other administration staff to carry out weekly stock checks and a stock take and other administration staff with the monthly invoicing run.
-Creating and processing ad-hoc invoices as required as well as attending meetings as required and taking notes of these when requested.
What will I learn? Qualification to be attained: SVQ in Business Administration (Level is dependant on previous experience).
As well as this, you will also:
- Have a higher level of knowledge in computer literacy &more experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Sage accounts.
- A greater understanding of Health and Safety, COSHH and risk assessments.
- Learn to work to your own initiative.
What qualifications or qualities are required? Minimum qualifications that are required: National 5 English &Maths.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- A hardworking and conscientious approach with a strong work ethic. - To have an eager, friendly and approachable attitude with excellent communication and customer service skills. - Good problem solving and critical thinking skills. - The ability to manage working on your own and part of a team as and when it is required. - You must be dedicated and careful with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail. - You must have the ability to prioritise and manage your workload. - A high productivity rate. - An eagerness to learn and complete training as required. - Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook. - Knowledge of risk assessments, Health and Safety &COSHH.