Hays Public Practice are seeking applications for an Accounts Assistant role with a Top 10 firm in Ipswich.
The assistant role will primarily involve working closely with, and supporting other members within the Business Services Accounting team, and assisting in the timely delivery of services.
You will work with other departments to assist them in the completion of their work. You will expand your understanding and current experience in preparing a set of accounts from source records under supervision, which will entail a combination of analysis work on spreadsheets and working from client prepared data.
- Prepare statutory accounts for clients either from Sage Line 50, Excel or manual records with the assistance of more senior members of the team.
- Using Caseware final accounts package to produce statutory accounts and requirements lists for the completion of those accounts.
- Be familiar with the methods involved in the preparation of financial statements, e.g. reconciliation of bank accounts, sales and purchase ledgers, inter-company balances, preparation of journals and schedules.
- Present with assistance, a complete file, on a small to medium sized job, for review.
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients are provided with excellent service.
- Part or fully AAT qualified or equivalent.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Use of a final statutory accounting package would be beneficial but not essential.
- Sage Line 50 some experience of this package would be useful.
- Able to approach projects logically, with good numerical skills.
- An attention to detail and accuracy is necessary and an essential part of the role.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Bookkeeping and double entry accounting knowledge and experience within commerce or practice.
Please apply on line or contact Cara Whyte at Hays