Chase & Holland are proud to be working with a Multiple Award Winning business based in Worksop who are recruiting an Accounts Assistant to join their Finance team.
Duties will include:
- Entering purchase invoices, purchase payments and sales receipts onto the accounting system
- Generating BACS and cheque payments to suppliers
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Debtor and creditor balance allocations (ledger 'housekeeping')
- Petty cash control, reconciliation and posting
- Credit card control, reconciliation and posting
- Answering and directing incoming telephone calls/emails efficiently, taking accurate messages when necessary
- Chasing invoices and resolving any account issues promptly
- Assisting the Financial Accountant and General Manager as required.
Skills and Experience Required:
- AAT qualification would be preferable
- A good level of numeracy and literacy skills with good attention to detail
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Professional approach, especially in relation to dealing with customers
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages (in particular Excel) and SAGE
- Full UK driving license preferable due to location
- Energetic and charismatic personality with a 'can-do' attitude
- Ability to work well within a team but also as a standalone role.